Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Whoa. What a day. Was close to a panic attack there, but I think I'm getting better. Wheeeewww. Hi to all out there, especially one new blogger- Hi!

One thought: Out of England comes this story about how Muslims are trying to actually take over. They don't want a repaired statue of a wild boar put up in a public park because it offends them. Hey, I don't eat pig, but I have no problem with seeing them. I guess Muslims just take their laws a wee bit far (like Avraham Blumenkrantz, whose latest Pesach guide assures us that minhagim are stricter than dinim), or, more likely, just like to make trouble. How often have we heard Muslims playing the "everyone else does it, we don't" card? (Sounds like Chabad, come to think.) An excuse because they don't want to do certain things? A reason to cause trouble? Take your pick.

Come to think, there's this, which I hope to go to, if I ever get around to responding (Edited to add: I did!). Taste "The Fish That Tastes Like Chazir," reads the ad. It tastes like pig, people. Why dance around it?


No comments: