Wednesday, July 28, 2004

The husband and wife team in the office had a granchild, and, not neglecting us, brought pastries from the bris. Always nice.

My father was unable to finish all the kinot this year. I suggested to him that there were likely hundreds of kinot, and the fifty-odd that are in our editions are just a choice of a printer from earlier this century- so we're free to select even further (as my minyan did). I know there are other "modern" knot- for the Holocaust, for the York massacres, etc.- not included, but are there many other "classical" ones?

The Yeshiva College Alumni Association wants me to be Secretary! And the Republican National Convention wants me to be right in the middle of things! To paraphrase Dr. Evil, "I haven't been this excited since I was a little girl!"

No comments: