Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Via The Village Idiots, a very interesting initiative (or whatever you want to call it).

I myself will be going to a meeting for volunteers for the parade referenced there this evening (I've volunteered for, oh, must be going on four years now). They'll have sushi, which, thanks to someone who's been initiating me into a whole lot of new stuff, I'll be trying. Alas, it seems I will miss the Civic Association board meeting tonight (I thought I'd least come for the very end). The big news is that Mayor Bloomberg will be at our general meeting Thursday. We're starting our new terms, and he's going to swear us in! Yay!

After heading down to court today, I checked out the exhibit in the Grand Central Terminal branch of the Transit Museum of subway-related cartoons from The New Yorker. Quite good, and funny. I also went to the British Tourism office, which is across the street from mine, and picked up a bunch of pamphlets. Got to hear a bunch of British people talking- puts you in the right spirit.

No comments: