Saturday, December 30, 2006

Small Favors

God bless Gerald Ford, R.I.P. A great man.

But one thought occurs to me as I listen to his funeral- it's a good thing Richard Nixon (not to mention Pat) is dead and buried, or, to use the old Yiddish joke, all these references to how much Ford was "needed" after the...unpleasantness would've killed him. Kind of reminds me of Nancy Reagan's famous "Kinder and gentler than who?" remark.

Now I'm having uncharitable thoughts about other recent occupants of the Oval Office and any posthumous demands they might have. Ah well, history will judge.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is acharei mot kedoshim emor-I agree with general comments but one shouldn't forget that Ford was the first to call for a "reassessment" of US relations with Israel.

Nachum said...

I don't expect anything from US politicians regarding Israel, so I'm never disappointed.

yanmaneee said...

kenzo
air jordan
bape hoodie
yeezy 700
lebron 17
supreme clothing
yeezy boost 350 v2
longchamp outlet
longchamp
kd shoes

receyth said...

replica bags on amazon replica bags 168 mall replica bags china

Unknown said...

c5u67v3o54 i8c83q0u59 h9n52w0e10 e1x30c7d65 f3o01q0q26 g2d89f0x12