Thursday, May 06, 2004

Tomorrow's Friday, when the movie reviews run. And Elvis Mitchell is leaving the Times. I'm gonna miss him. Above all, no one can write a review of a truly bad movie the way he can. I'm thinking of Battlefield Earth, for example. Boy, did he do a good job on that. But the link isn't working, for some reason.

Another movie regret: The Tribeca Film Festival is on, and for the first time, I'm not working on it. Having a regular job is good, but you miss out on stuff.

Anyway. I finally found the ArtScroll "Hallel." Guess what? They have a lengthy dedicated section dealing with Yom Haatzmaut and Yom Yerushalayim, discussing all aspects of Hallel on those days.

Right. If you believe that, I got a bridge to sell you. Great view of Brooklyn. The majority of Jews- vast majority of Orthodox Jews, even- say Hallel on particular days, and Artscroll (enough with the stupid mid-capital) doesn't see fit to mention one. fricking. word. about it. Not even a footnote. I mean, I didn't really expect it. But it still makes me mad.

On that pleasant note...nah, I'm happy. Having brought up the Brooklyn Bridge, I'm now remembering happy walks across it. Lots of events coming up soon. But first, come tomorrow night, I shall sleep. Sleep well. Please God.

Later, folks.

No comments: